31 July 2003
Councillor Miss Sheila Player
Councillor Geraldine Lissenburg
Sheryl Grady – Chief Executive
We have now looked in some detail at the Community Strategy document and we attended the recent ward forum in Goring. We would like to suggest the following:
- You could adopt between five and seven strategic areas for implementation over the next five to seven years. We list some suggestions for these below. Note that the numbers five and seven are critical – if less than five we appear not to be trying, and if it is more than seven it exceeds the human attention span.
- The many, many other points should be considered as tactical problems and passed out to named responsible people to fix as soon as possible, and then to report back when they have been satisfied.
The seven points that occur to us could include:
- By-pass for Worthing and removing bottlenecks at Arundel and Chichester
- Teville Gate rebuild
- The Aquarena rebuild or refurbishment
- Protection of Castle Goring which urgently needs repairs
- Traffic jams and lack of parking in Worthing town centre
- Facades of buildings which are ugly between the sea end of South Street and the Dome Cinema.
- The Lido improvement
There are a number of other concerns which are more relevent at a national level and David Marchant is discussing these with our MP, Peter Bottomly.
We also wish to express concerns about some recent initiatives which, as we live in Goring, we do not like:
- Threat of Housing at West Durrington
- Threat of ASDA Superstore and the increased traffic at Bolsover Road
- Threat of Eirene Road for affordable homes, or for the suggested Water Sports centre which can only encourage the jetskis
- Threat of a cycle track from Sea Place to Ferring along the sea wall, when there is a South Coast Cycle Route already in place
- Threat to heritage buildings in Worthing which are ever in danger of being pulled down for development
We commend these thoughts to you for consideration.
Chairman, Goring Residents’ Association
Ilex Conservation Group
Goring Gap Preservation Trust
Julian Carrington – WBC
http://web.archive.org/web/20071030073440/http://goring-by-sea.uk.com/images/right.gif” width=”11″ height=”11″ alt=”*” border=”0″ hspace=”10″>Return to Goring Life page
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Improve Your Small Business Online in Goring through SEO - September 20, 2018
- Reclining Garden Furniture is Perfect for Relaxing on the Goring By Sea Beach - February 2, 2018