- The South East Region has increased by nearly 5% between 1991 and 2001.
- Milton Keynes is the fastest growing area in the South East Region, where the population has grown by nearly 29,000 between 1991 and 2001.
|Percentage change since 1991||0.4%||5%||2.5%|
E&W is England and Wales.
|Single people (never married)||27.1%||30.1%|
|Married or re-married people||49.5%||50.9%|
|Separated or divorced||12.1%||10.6%|
- 71% of people in the South East Region consider themselves in good health compared with 68.8% in England.
|Limiting long-term illness||20.1%||18.2%|
|General health ‘not good’||9.2%||9.2%|
|People providing unpaid care||9.8%||10%|
|Providing unpaid care 50 or more hrs/wk||1.9%||2.1%|
- The average household size in the Region is 2.38 people (the second highest in England), with Slough having the highest in the Region at 2.63.
- The South East Region has the 2nd highest rate of overcrowded households in England, at 5.9%. London has the highest (17%).
|One person households||36.4%||30%|
|Married couple households||31.3%||36.5%|
|Cohabiting couple households||8.2%||8.3%|
|Lone parent households:|
|– with dependent children||5.2%||6.5%|
|with non-dependent children only||2.4%|
|All other households||16.5%||15.6%|
|Number of households with residents||44,128||3,287,489|
|Number of people per hectare||30||4.2|
|Average household size||2.15||2.38|
|Vacant household spaces||2.9%||91,301 3.2%|
|Without central heating||7.6%||200,551 8.5%|
|Without own bath/shower & toilet||1.1||15,991 0.5%|
|Overcrowding indicator||7.1%||195,392 7%|
- The South East Region has the greatest proportion of households in England with 3 or more cars,
- More households in the South East Region have access to a car than any other region.
- l9.4% have no access to a car or van compared with 26.8% across England.
|Households without car/van||26%||26.8%|
|Household with 1 car or van||45.9%||43.8%|
|Household with 2 or more cars/vans||28.1%||29.4%|
- More than 95% of the population in the South East Region are White
compared with just under 91% across England.
- There are a similar proportion of mixed White and Asian people to the average for England (0.4%), but a lower than average proportion of other minority ethnic groups.
- Less than 25% of persons aged 16-74 in the South East Region have no
qualifications. This is the 2nd fewest in England afler London,
|Qualifications at degree level or higher||17.5%||19.8%|
|Student (economically active)||2.6%||2.6%|
|Student (economically inactive)||2.3%||4.7%|
|Looking after home/family||5.8%||6.5%|
|Permanently sick or disabled||4.7%||5.5%|
Travel to work
|Travel to work by car||63.6%||61.5%|
|Travel to work by public transport||7.4%||14.5%|
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Improve Your Small Business Online in Goring through SEO - September 20, 2018
- Reclining Garden Furniture is Perfect for Relaxing on the Goring By Sea Beach - February 2, 2018